Buying A DIY Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolution1340

Solid State Member
Hi all:)
I will be etting one of the OCZ DIY 17" AMD laptops in the near future. My question is if I will be playing older games like Ghost Recon and the Tiger Woods PGA Tour golf sims how much memory will I need? Another question that might sound stupid is can I just add up the required memory of the games and then double that number?

Thank you all,
Evolution1340:)

You can sorta do that, yeah. Good rule of thumb.

And for ram just get at least 2 gigs. DDR2 is cheap even for notebooks. 4 gb is even reasonably priced if our DIY supports it (assuming so but check it out).

Hi,
I am wondering if any of you fine people might know what kind of motherboard is in the OCZ DIY gaming notebooks? the reason I'm asking is that I would like to change out the duel core am2 processor to a single core,as I do not need the 2nd core for the older games that I play.

Thank you all,
Evolution1340:laughing:

Hi,
I am wondering if any of you fine people might know what kind of motherboard is in the OCZ DIY gaming notebooks? the reason I'm asking is that I would like to change out the duel core am2 processor to a single core,as I do not need the 2nd core for the older games that I play.

Thank you all,
Evolution1340:laughing:

As I stated in your other thread there is no reason to get a single core. The dual core will still perform better even if the game doesn't utilize both cores because the processes running in the background can run on a different core than the game.

I'm not a big fan of OCZ DIY models myself. I'd actually recommend anything similar by Asus. They exceptional quality, good prices, and just as easy to assemble. A little scary if you don't know your way around a laptop but it's not so bad and of course there's directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom