Which to Buy? Sony Vaio Flip or HP Envy x360?

koolx

Baseband Member
I'm interested in the Sony Vaio Flip 15A with i7 Core and Nvidia GeForce 735M. But I also like the HP Envy x360 with Intel HD graphics but no graphics card. I got a few questions...

1) Which one would you buy in general?

2) Which would you buy if you were a casual gamer?

3) Sony stopped making this Vaio 15A. Which laptop is best for availability of parts if you needed to replace parts in the future?

Honestly these are stupidly expensive. I would just get a desktop. I know you want a laptop but for gaming, desktop rigs can be less expensive and easier to modify in the future.

If you were to go with one of those I'd choose the HP because of the Graphics card, the better processor, and a ssd. Although the other one is hybrid at 1TB and 16GB flash with 16 GB DDR3 1600 I would rather have the better graphics and processor if I were going to spend a stupid amount of money. I'm not saying you are stupid btw lol. You can always get more RAM, but it is not always easy or even possible to switch out the graphics card or processor. Even though switching out the processor IS possible, if you are not familiar with hardware I would NEVER recommend that.

But yeah if I had to choose it would be the HP

Honestly these are stupidly expensive. I would just get a desktop. I know you want a laptop but for gaming, desktop rigs can be less expensive and easier to modify in the future.

If you were to go with one of those I'd choose the HP because of the Graphics card, the better processor, and a ssd. Although the other one is hybrid at 1TB and 16GB flash with 16 GB DDR3 1600 I would rather have the better graphics and processor if I were going to spend a stupid amount of money. I'm not saying you are stupid btw lol. You can always get more RAM, but it is not always easy or even possible to switch out the graphics card or processor. Even though switching out the processor IS possible, if you are not familiar with hardware I would NEVER recommend that.

But yeah if I had to choose it would be the HP

The HP is the one without the dedicated GPU - only integrated. And I could only find the x360 with an i5, not an i7.

Either way...these aren't really gaming laptops. If you're wanting to game...for $1800 (the cost of the Sony), you can get a damn good Asus or MSI gaming laptop (though without a touchscreen).

What's your primary purpose(s) for the laptop?

The HP is the one without the dedicated GPU - only integrated. And I could only find the x360 with an i5, not an i7.

Either way...these aren't really gaming laptops. If you're wanting to game...for $1800 (the cost of the Sony), you can get a damn good Asus or MSI gaming laptop (though without a touchscreen).

What's your primary purpose(s) for the laptop?

Really? I saw on the HP one that it has NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

But anywho, yeah I don't like HP or Sony at all and I do know MSI and ASUS are amazing

EDIT: Read the sony one's more clearly:
Graphics Video RAM : 2GB dedicated
Graphics Technology : NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology

Yeah so sorry lol
Graphics Processor : NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 735M

If you were to go with one of those I'd choose the HP because of the Graphics card, the better processor, and a ssd.

Hi Subliminal. I think you made a mistake. The HP Envy x360 doesnt have a graphics card. The Sony Vaio Flip 15A does which is the Nvidia 735M. And the processors are the same. Are you sure you didnt mean the Sony Vaoo Flip?

Hi Subliminal. I think you made a mistake. The HP Envy x360 doesnt have a graphics card. The Sony Vaio Flip 15A does which is the Nvidia 735M. And the processors are the same. Are you sure you didnt mean the Sony Vaoo Flip?

Do you have links to the versions you're referring to? I had seen a couple different configs of the HP, at least when I tried looking them up.

I'm not Sub :p.

What kind of games were you planning on playing and what are you wanting your primary use for the laptop to be?

Hi Carnage.. Sorry for mistaking for you Sub.. To answer your question, I'm planning on playing GTA V. I dont expect to play at full resolution, 1080p with high settings. I'm a casual gamer who would settle for lower settings with smooth game play as long as graphics arent compromised too much.

Yes unfortunately that's what I looked up lol

Back
Top Bottom