Built-in Webcam Issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk090292

Beta member
i've recently tried to use the video chat function on AIM with my built-in webcam on the HP dv9260nr notebook, except that it keeps telling me that another application on my computer is using the camera, so it can't use the camera? except that there are no applications running that use the camera, and i've tried closing all my programs, restarting my computer, shutting my computer off..everything.

also, the thing is that sometimes, at random times it'll start working..and then once i disconnect and retry, it starts saying that some application is using the camera..so then i try over and over, and if i get lucky, it starts working again.

does anyone know what might be the cause of this? or could it possibly even be that the problem is AIM? where AIM won't let me have a video chat if i repeatedly attempt to start a video chat over and over again within a short period of time? (sort of like a rate limit?)

Well, I just got a dv6449us a couple of weeks ago. And I had kinda the same problems with AIM. It was actually that it couldn't find a webcam. I started using Windows Messenger and its video, and it works fine. I don't think it's the camera, it's AIM.

Make sure the drivers are installed right.

AIM might not fully support your camera but I doubt that.

Also run a hijack log and run a AV program to see if there is some kind of malware that is using your camera or blocking it's use.

I have the same issue with my Dv9000 series laptop, I just re-installed the drivers and it now seems to be working fine.

If you tried that and still cannot get the web cam to work, try opening up quickplay and clicking on your web cam, then clicking the stop button.

hm, how would i reinstall the drivers? windows messenger seems to work fine, and if it would be a hassle for me to do, i can just continue to use windows..even though it would be more comfortable to use aim..

can anyone guide me through the steps of reinstalling the drivers?

acutally, quickplay was actually the source of the problem, i just didnt know taht it could be the cause..

and anyone who uses the dv9000 series or HPs in general, does anyone know the pictures you take on quickplay saves to on the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom