Built-in Webcam Driver: Help? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to DSLEO
Default Built-in Webcam Driver: Help?

Long story short, I purchased my laptop back in May '07. It's an HP Pavillion dv6000 (dv6338se) running Vista.

I kept running into problems, so in early January - when my wireless card went out - I took it to Best Buy and they had it shipped to HP to be fixed.

It came back two weeks later with a new motherboard. Before I had it shipped, however, the man helping me with it noticed that my webcam's drivers weren't working properly so he updated them. I never use my webcam, so it wasn't a big issue for me - but he noted that he "fixed" that problem.

Lately, I've been wanting to use it. I went to this morning, and I can't find any option to access it anywhere in my start menu/programs list. The only way I can access it is to go into my control panel and open the device manager. It's still coming up as "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"

The latest drivers are installed.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not really computer literate when it comes to hardware malfunctions (Although I'm trying to soak up as much information as possible!), so I'm sure any insight you all could give me would be wonderful.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Built-in Webcam Driver: Help?

Can you access it at all in MSN or via another im program? Also you might need some webcam capture software windows movie maker can do it i believe but it has been a long time since i used it.

Visit this and do something for the world!

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well, I can't access it through AIM. I could when I first got the laptop, but that was months ago.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Have you tried uninstalling the camera driver, and downloading and reinstalling the latest camera driver for your laptop from the HP website?

|Desktop PC| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)| |AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz OC| |Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO| |Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Super Overclock 1GB| |ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD SATA III HDD| |Kingston HyperX 8GB PC3-14900 DDR3-1866| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 02-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

How would I do that?
Old 02-06-2008, 06:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

from control panel, device manager, remove the device...if it has an option to uninstall drivers do that....
Software & Driver downloads*HP Pavilion dv6000 CTO Notebook PC

Closed Thread