BSOD several seconds after boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
As you guys know from my other topic, I am in the process of OCing my CPU.

I followed this tutorial here: An Optimization Guide for the Asus G51

I was fine until the section:

Getting SetFSB and Crystal CPUID to Start at Boot

I followed all the instructions perfectly for "Task Scheduler" except I decided for some reason to begin the task at start up instead of log on.

I also didn't add the -w15 command which waits 15 seconds before running the task (not sure why I didn't).

I need some help so I can at least edit the settings in the scheduler so I can fix what I did wrong. At this point, I can't get onto windows. The laptop ran the Startup Repair and could not automatically fix.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind, I was able to quickly disable the task prior to the blue screen. Why do I get a blue screen if I schedule a task to OC? I guess I can just set it manually every time I log on...

Overclocking a Laptop is a bad idea, it's probably Blue Screening because of the heat generated by loading windows.

IF Windows BSoD's when your trying to OC, that means that it is not stable and Windows cant run. Nothing you can do but either clock back the OC or return it to default settings.

The thing is, I tested it extensively @ 2.66 GHz using intel burn test and core temp. It was stable and temps stayed below 70*C.

I have no problems if I just OC manually each time I come onto windows...

I figured it out...

In Task Scheduler, I originally set the speed to -s266 assuming that the multiplier was 10, just as the guide said. Turns out my multiplier is 10.66. Setting it at -s266 was clocking the CPU @ 2.83 GHz. I changed that to -s249, which clocks it @ 2.66 GHz. That was the reason I was getting the blue screen. All is good now, it automatically overclocks when I log on.

Yes. I tested the temps while playing Starcraft II for a few hours and the max temp was 61*C. I guess Intel Burn Test stresses the CPU much more than any game will.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I am aware of that. My CPU is overclocked to 2.66 GHz.

I'm saying that Intel Burn Test (CPU Stress Test) got the CPU temps up to 70*C...The highest I've seen while playing a game is only 61*C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom