BSOD on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolivy

Beta member
The last time I turned on my laptop (Dell) I got the BSOD. To make a very long story short my son bought a (I cannot remember what he called it) thing to put my laptop harddrive into and plug it into another computer....when he plugged it into his desktop his desktop crashed so he brought it back over here and plugged it into my desktop and there was the BSOD!! I cannot boot my laptop from the XP CD....I get the BSOD again. So my hard drive cannot be formatted and XP re-installed. Does anyone have a clue to what may have caused this problem or more importantly how can I fix it?
Thanks.
Carol:(

Did your son purchase a Ram or Memory module?
If that is the case, remove it and see if the the BSOD comes up again.

Or what ever your son got installed on your notebook, remove it and see if the same problem comes up again.

BTW, did your son say that he was going to "tweak" your computer? Or worst still, did he have any friends-that-know-alot-about-computers come over and mess around with your laptop?
If that is the case, slap him for me. Sorry, I work in a computer shop, and it's a rather common situation where son or freinds of son have messed around with mon or dad's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom