Broken Motherboard Componet (Dell Insp. 9300)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrellw

Beta member
The other day i was in an intense Swat4 battle and i was shouting out commands via the space key, although i didn't know that every time i hit it, it was knocking against a component on the mobo. I am not sure exactly what it is, but i can do my best to describe it. It "was" a tiny little rectangle that appeared to be orange. Beside where it was once mounted is the PC29. If you know what it is, could you also tell me how to fix it for cheap, since it is not under warranty anymore.

Here are two pictures.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/ferrellw/100_1198.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/ferrellw/100_1196.jpg

Thanks

I am proficient enough to solider it back, but i've decided to just buy a new mobo because i have a broken audio port too. One more question though. How, and where do i look for my motherboards S/N.

You do actually need the same board, unless you plan to do some heavy moding (which I have done, it's not worth it). The problem with dell is, when you start to take components off the old mobo you will notice pins broken, ram installed improperly, etc... At least this is what happened to me... twice.

That sounds about right. You will need the same model of mobo since it's a laptop. There should be a small thin white sticker (possibly with a scannable barcode) It usually gives you a serial number (S/N) and a Dell Part Number (D P/N). This is also something you can probably google easily enough. I'll check out a site or two for ya and post in a few minutes.

Looks like you've got two possibilities. Not sure what the difference is between the two boards but you should be able to check google and ebay for more pics and inof, and possibly the Dell support forum for laptops. Here's a parts list for your notebook (looks like you've got upgradeable graphics, too. Lucky!):
Dell Inspiron 9300 parts

and the two mobos:
Dell Inspiron 9300 Motherboard (System Board) - Y4694
Dell Inspiron 9300 Motherboard (System Board) - DC767

Don't buy any parts from this site, it's incredibly expensive. Best to search ebay or something else. I only use it for getting info and part numbers.

That's why I said not to buy from the site, just use the part numbers for reference. They keep a good inventory but everything is spendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom