Broken Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

In Runtime
Hello,
Just yesterday I went to close my laptop, and the left bracket that is holding the screen to the base of the laptop broke. I was wondering if anyone had some cheap suggestions or quick fixes for this. I am currently at college and need the laptop for work, so I can't afford to not have it. My Laptop is an Acer Aspire 9500 btw.

Thank you for anyone who can be of any help.

BTW, I attached some pics of it.

Attachments

• HPIM0015.jpg
    HPIM0015.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 60
Bit blurry try some superglue to set it back in place then some wood filler to make it physically the right shape finally stick some black electricians insulation tape to make it the right colour

I don't care too much about the color of it, so that isn't a big deal. I just want it to be able to open and close without a problem. Do you really think super glue will be enough to hold it down?

Super glue and electricians tape are amazing things my windscreen wiper arm got broken by a friend with some superglue and insulation tape its good as new even against ice. You could use some acetone I think its called the slightly stronger glue but it takes longer to set. Epoxy resin can hold a 6 tonne truck 1 metre off the ground when stuck to a wall! Glue is amazing stuff and super glue was originally designed as field stitching in combat to hold severe wounds together.

OK, I'll give it a shot... It won't harm any of the computer stuff below it will it? Because there are computer parts right below it. Guess I have to be really careful then.

In theory no but don't have the pc on till the glue has dried and try to bextremely careful if you have insulation tape then use that to cover the parts before you start gluing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom