Brightness keys on Dell N4010

hesson81

Baseband Member
Hello, I just installed a SSD in my Dell N4010 Laptop. Loving it. Boots up clean in about 2o seconds as opposed to the 3+ mintues it was doing before, and it's quiet. I love the upgrade.

However, obvisouly with the new SSD I was required to reinstall windows on the HD, went pretty flawlessly.
The screen is SOOOOO bright. This laptop has brightness keys on the f keys. in fact the f keys are Fn (function keys) so the brightness keys (f4+f5-) are to be hit alone to attain desired brightness function. This function did work prior to the reinstall and HD upgrade.

Those aren't working. How can I get them to work. I'm currently wearing sunglasses until i can find a fix..

Thank you

Here's the Dell site for your drivers: Product Support for Inspiron 14R | Dell US
Do what Carnage said, make sure you installed all your drivers. Most likely, I would guess, you should download and install the chipset driver to get the FN keys to work again. If not that, try the Synaptics touchpad driver. After that, just try all of them.

hey guys good suggestions. I did run all of the driver. I don't remember the chip set so I decided to run it again. But the version they have is actually older than the version I have. I also Did the touch pad and still not working.

Hopefully someone will have seen this problem before and come accross this thread.

Thanks again..

I have a hunch, as I was messing with the function keys I tested the Wifi adapter whic is the f2 button. It works, but so does the wifi.

Now, my next post on this forum was going to be regarding the graphics. I have mest with the display resoulution, and its supposedly at it's best, but the picture doesn't not look like good definition like it did prior to the reformatt, But I have done all the video drivers. I don't know what it is. But I think that these problems are hand in hand, as the brightness/contrast has something to do with my display...

Back
Top Bottom