Brand New Laptop bad video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshking122

Baseband Member
Ok well i just baught this brand new laptop from a store an official store. It was brandnew in a case with tape strape's bubble wrap how ever you wana put it. The laptop's fine and everything but... The video card is horrible i think? i was just done updating all my driver's about 15 drivers were outdated as usual because its a new laptop. Im a PC Gamer so this is one of the reasons why i got a new laptop. But the video card is really horrible? just what the heck. My friend got a new laptop about a year ago and his video card is better than mine? i mean what the heck. I got this from a Office store named Staple's. Here is my computer Stat's or how ever you put it.

Product Name: HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC

Total memory: 4.00GB(Ram)

Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz

Windows 7 Home Premieum 64bit system

Chip Type(Video Card):Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

See... brand new laptop horrible video card... i mean what the heck my friends has a better one though it was cheaper and basicly everything is better about my computer but the video card.I mean this computer costed me over 480+ dollars total! and they could give me everything good but the video card! Everygame i own on the computer i ran an online analyzer if my computer could handle it everything passed just the video card it didint... EXTRA Question: Well i already know they installed a crappy ass video card to my computer is there a way i could get it upgraded?

Download the latest drivers from Intel. Or from HP's site. Do not trust Windows Update for drivers. Theirs are not the most recent ones.

Post a link to your actual laptop.

Mostly, no. It looks like it's integrated. So no, you cannot change the GFX. You are better off returning that and look for a different one.

If you are not a gamer, you do not want integrated video. Dedicated is basically Intel graphics.

For Laptops its better to an A6-A8 AMD Processor because the processor has a pretty decent graphics card on it. If your ever getting an intel laptop make sure it has GTX 520M Or higher for gaming

Well im currently downloading the latest driver for My computer. But incase that dosent work. What can warranty do? i know the warranty is still working but, what can i just use the warranty to get a brand new one for the same price? And if i cant do that with the warrenty, Than im better off going to a computer repair shop and see if they can install me a new graphics card.
And here a link for my laptop http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...3&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5169545

Oh yea and here is a link to my laptop
Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) As you see the release date was acually 2011-10-24 Its a brandnew model not even 5 months old it has been out in the store's.

Than im better off going to a computer repair shop and see if they can install me a new graphics card.

No shop can do that either. You have integrated video. It is on the board itself. Take it back to Staples and look around for a new one.

Im a PC Gamer so this is one of the reasons why i got a new laptop. But the video card is really horrible? just what the heck. My friend got a new laptop about a year ago and his video card is better than mine?
bro, lets put it this way.

you bought a brand new Prius.
your friend bought a Jeep Wrangler.

you want to use your Prius to go off road like your friend does.
guess what's going to happen?

even if your laptop is new, it wasn't designed for gaming.

Take it back to Staples. Just say you are not happy with it. They will refund your money (within 30/60 days of course, you never mentioned this)

Well thank you! i was just reading earlier today about staples return policy! and i never had a warranty xD but i read the return policy within 30 days. and guess what i returned it got my money back and am getting a Dell Inspiration desktop i think for 505 friday, i even got the manager of staples so put it on hold for me till friday which is when my mother gets payed so double cheers for me ^^, btw i got 500 bucks back from the laptop :D

i think you misunderstood the purpose of warranty...

if your desktop is another "Prius" you still won't be able to play games well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom