Brand new Cheap Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, im in the market looking for a nice laptop, i'll need atleast 80 gigs or more HD space and atleast 1gig of ram and it needs to have a DVD burner, this laptop pretty much will just play small games but will also just be for paper work and also for burning back-up DVD's etc... was thinking in the price range of 500-600 bucks.. know any good laptops in that price range?

Thats roughly the specs of my acer that i got on black friday for 350, so i would suspect you can pick something up around 450-500 pretty easy. Check out microcenter, the usually have laptops on sale for a pretty decent price.

Dell Inspiron 6400
Intel® Celeron® M 520 Processor. (1.6GHz,533MHz,1MB L2 cache)
1GB DDR2 RAM.
60GB Hard Drive. (SATA)
Intel® Media Accelerator 950. (Graphics Up to 256MB shared)
CD/DVD combo drive. (Will only burn to CD's!)
LCD 15.4" Wide Screen.
Wireless. (b/g)
6 cell Lithium-Ion Battery.
Vista Home basic. (I recommend that you swap it to XP if they still offer that option on this laptop)

That came out at around £300 if you tweak the settings a little you will be able to get 80gb hard drive and a DVD-RW for only around £50 more.

^^^celeron m and intergrated graphics, no go. I bought my girl a refurbished gateway off tigerdirect with ati graphics, dvd burner, core duo, 1gb ram, 100gb hd, and vista premium for $490.

naw man don't get it from tigerdirect or newegg, they are good, but not for laptops. The best place is to get ti at bestbuy because they are really cheap when their laptops are on sale. Every week they at least have 6-10 laptops on sale. I just got this on tuesday and i love it. I took it to my friend's house today and played counterstrike 1.6 at his house with him, and it ran ti fine, even though its an old game. The first link is to my laptop, second link is to all the other bestbuy laptops on sale.:

HP - Pavilion Laptop with AMD Turion™ 64 X2 - dv2715nr
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&sp=+currentprice+skuid&id=pcmcat138500050001

The laptop i got from tiger got here quick as **** and its better specd than most you can get at best buy, i went there first actually, then came back home and ordered a better lappy for less.

Thats roughly the specs of my acer that i got on black friday for 350, so i would suspect you can pick something up around 450-500 pretty easy. Check out microcenter, the usually have laptops on sale for a pretty decent price.

Yes veedubfreak, i also bought a acer not long ago for £299.
And I have to say, its quite good.
Better specifications then he asked for aswell.
Acer 5315..
You can read about it by clicking here

Hope that helped.

I bought myself a Dell D600 a few years ago for $750. You can now pick up these laptops for $450-500, and they're incredible machines (I'm using one right now).
I lent my laptop to a friend, and I watched my laptop fall down the stairs on two separate occasions (he'll never touch it again). It also fell on the ice, and the case only received a crack on the top left corner, with very little damage, and no damage that effects performance.

Just wanted to throw that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom