bought my first laptop

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
whats up guys,
i bought my first laptop yesterday:

Dell inspiron 14z. 14", i5 2450 quad core, 6 gigs of DDR3 1333 Ram, 500 gig HDD, chicklet keyboard, 768 resolution, intell graphics 3000, usb 3.0, hdmi out, 6 cell battery with aboout 7 hours of battery life...

for $256 out the door at Sam's club...

discount rack baby ;)

The HD 3000 IGP actually isn't bad at all for general use, 1080p video viewing, and light gaming.

The biggest thing here is, look at the price he paid for a second gen i5 based laptop.

yea, all the cons i found with this laptop were out weighed by the fact that i paid just over $250 for it. i was looking at the Nexus 7 tablet, which would have been more than this full fledged laptop. i am very happy with my purchase.

i put Battlefield 1942 Desert combat mod on it and it runs perfect. i also put Battlefield 2 on it and it also runs perfect at maxed settings.

i also put Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition 1999 on it, and of course it runs flawlessly, i love that game to this day....

my server also died, so this laptop replaced my server/HTPC, fills that role flawlessly, and i have the added benefit that i get to take it with me to my friends house and share my library with them.

Last edited:
Eesh, I envy you actually. That computer trumps mine. Well, it's a lot smaller and has more RAM so that is definitely a plus on your side. That and you bought it for much cheaper than I bought mine for. And at a subsidiary of Wal-Mart no less! Which was the place where I got mine... I feel ripped off now.

Not sure about your processor because my knowledge in that field is lacking. Still, it SOUNDS impressive. :B

Honestly you can buy computers with the same specs for triple that if not more. Like you said above any cons are blown away for $250... You got your self a decent to good laptop for a great price. Nice grab :)

Back
Top Bottom