Bought laptop... wont turn on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballer

In Runtime
I bought Acer Aspire 5570 on ebay and it arrived yesterday. Great condition, worked great when I first turned it on and used it... After about an hour I closed the lid to put it in sleep mode while I left for about 15 minutes and then when I came back it wouldn't come back from sleep mode. I held the power button down to turn it all the way off and then back on. When I turn it back on the screen stays completely dark, the fan turns on for a few seconds, and then it just sits there. The green power light is on but it doesn't do anything. The only thing I am able to do is open the cd drive. I have tried taking out the battery/unplugging it many times. I left the battery out overnight hoping somehow that would fix the problem but it did the same thing this morning.

I am pretty sure it is not a video problem because you can tell that it isn't loading the OS or anything. It just sits there as if its in sleep mode.

It sounds like it would be a processor or motherboard problem, but to me its almost as if its "stuck" in sleep mode.

The seller has a lot of positive feedback and I am sure I can send it back to him and get this taken care of, but I would like to avoid the hassle of mailing it around if at all possible.

Heres a video of me turning it on and what happens. In the middle of it I press the FN key and the key to switch between the laptop screen and an external monitor. The person I originally made the video for suggested that so I was just showing that it didn't make a difference.

Video of acer laptop problem - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyone got any ideas? Because I'm out of them.

I don't have a laptop, but, just thought I'd throw this out...

My friend's laptop has a little plastic stick thing that gets pushed down when he closes the laptop, so it knows it's closed, and turns the screen off. After he had the laptop for a while, it began getting stuck in the closed position, and he now has to flick where it is at to get the screen to come on.

Maybe that could be it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom