Bluescreen of death prob - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2008, 03:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Bluescreen of death prob

As of late I have been experiencing bluescreen crashes, where every active process gets cached and the system restarts. (can't state it any better atm as that's my idea of what happens)

I'm looking for some help in solving this, I have tried download system updates from the Samsung website (as it's a samsung notebook) but to no avail.
Where and how do I find out my system specs in order to get some help with this problem?

Where to start? - Any help is much appreciated!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Default Re: Bluescreen of death prob

How often do these crashes occur? Are you doing anything particular when they happen? If you can post your model # we should be able to look up specs easily enough.

Two of the most frequent causes of crashes are bad memory and fragmented or corrupted hard drive. The first thing I would do is run memtest86 to check your ram. Then start looking at your hard drive using either Windows Scandisk or maybe download the free version of Disk Checker. And defrag with Disk Keeper Lite (also free).

These are some general steps but more specific info about your laptop would be helpful. You can download a program called CPU-Z that will document your specs for you and you can post the results here.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Bluescreen of death prob

We need the stop error codes to be of help.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread