Blue Tinted Screen

Biryani

Beta member
Hey folks,
My laptop (Toshiba Sattelite) screen started being weird a couple of months ago. At certain angles, it would become tinted blue. If I kept it at 90 degrees it would be fine. But then after a while it got worse. It became tinted blue no matter what angle. It was okay for me though, at least I could see what was on the screen. It was just blue. But then it got even worse. Now if it's at angles it gets dark and blue or red lines appear and make it hard to see. It's getting harder to find the right angle for me to at least see the screen. My guess is that it has something to do with the wires connecting to the color card, but since i'm no expert I don't want to open it up and look. I just want to know what's going on and what I can do.
Thanks!

You're probably right that it's a loose connection.

You can verify by plugging the laptop into a TV or external monitor and see if the other display also shows the same thing. If it does...then it's a bigger problem.

If not...then it's more than likely either a loose connection, or bad LCD. If it's a loose connection, you should just have to remove the cover for the top panel that houses the screen, and make sure the connection is snug.

I have connected it to my tv using an hdmi a lot, and it was fine, so I guess it is a loose connection. Thanks! Just another question. How do I do this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom