Bios update failed now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I have a Acer Aspire 3100 I just replaced the lcd on it, and I was just about to update the BIOS in windows I started closing the applications and the computer froze, I never even clicked start bios update. So I restarted the computer, and than the display never came up ever again, I thought the lcd might have went bad or something I hooked it up to a external monitor but no screen, but the computer runs. I believe that bios update did start somehow and it failed :( What do I do now? Is this laptop garbage now?

I wouldn't think it's garbage if the BIOS update truly didn't start. How far does the computer go when it's hooked up to an external monitor? Do you hear start up sounds, does the POST display?

I hooked up to a external monitor and I do not see anything, I get no visuals at all. I just poped the cmos battery out and waited 15 mins but didnt get anything :( But I do hear the computer start up but I cant really tell whats happening.

I have no idea of your technical abilities, and so please forgive me if you already know this, but did you put the CMOS battery back in ?

yup I soldered back in :) Its all good

I have no idea of your technical abilities, and so please forgive me if you already know this, but did you put the CMOS battery back in ?

I thought that the cmos battery could be out and you could turn the comp on and have visual just wont save the bios settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom