Big Screen Laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
When income tax comes thinking of getting a Laptop.. it will only be used for doing CD's and Music and Internet pretty much.. no really big gaming.. i just want it to have a pretty decent size screen.. mayb between 19-21 inches? but want it to be pretty cheap.. no more then 500-600 bucks.. any ideas

Your gonna be hard pressed to find something that size at that price new... you might want to try ebay or craiglist. Most laptops that size (17's at least) are meant to be all around systems plus gaming... you'd be better off finding a cheap 14" or 15" laptop and adding a TV or monitor to it.

Agree with Nukem, most large monitors come hand-in-hand with large graphic memory, higher end processors, and usually high quality screens.

If you go this route don't expect to get much if any battery life. WHen i bought my 17'' HP four years ago it was top of the line, but with 256 video, P4, and powering a 17'' monitor i get maybe an hour of battery life with a new battery (this is w/o playing any games).

Well, not worried about battery life really.. sense it will be plugged in 70% of the time.. and yeah a 17 inch would probably work. what do you guys suggest around my budget?

Anything over 17" is usually used as a desktop replacement so the cheapest they come is $1000 if you're lucky.

Personally I would get a netbook as its the best price/performance and will enable you to do whatever you want. You get use to a smallscreen I have a 13" laptop and 15" laptop I much prefer the 13" as I now use it more often previously I favoured the 15". Out of the selection of 17" this one
Newegg.com - HP G70-250US NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T4200(2.00GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 3GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel GMA 4500M - Laptops / Notebooks
Its not a speed demon but you are paying for the extra 2" and its not even a very high res screen, you would get better value for money from a 15" and the same res so the same amount of info on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom