BIG problem with my Toshiba Satellite A215 S4757. Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

themarsvolta55

Beta member
Hey guys and gals,
So I've had my Toshiba Satellite for a couple years now, and I have loved it. After un-installing Vista and putting on XP sp3 on it, I really have had no problems. I have had some nasty viruses, but I've fixed it with either system restore, or Killbox ect. I currently have Desktop Maestro on my Satellite and I love it, has awesome tools like registry scan, system optimization, and keeps my boot times rather fast!
I still have the stock 2 gigs of DDR2 ram, and the 1.8GHz Turion64 X2, video card Radeon X1200 integrated, exc exc.

I dont use my computer for gaming or anything like that, just normal usage. my hard drive (250GB) was about 75% filled with my music, and photos( I am a photographer on the side ) and i will be d4mned if i loose all of it, i will be p1ssing blood

okay, well here is the problem, finally!

I was doing the usual, surfing the web and chatting with people online before going to bed, and I always put my laptop on "sleep" mode when i leave for a while, or go to sleep. I don't turn it off that much, except if i leave for the weekend.

I wake up this morning, flip the open the lid, and its totally greyish white. So I'm like "double you tee eff" and restart it. Once I restart it, 2 seconds later there are colorful vertical lines (and no, i am not on drugs ) then i start to freak out, then restart it again. same thing, different colored lines in different spots. I try it again, and NOTHING happens. alittle "boot" noise with my cd-rom drive, but then, nothing. I cant even get into BIOS

Not a virus. motherboard? video card? i leave that to you smarter people. IF my computer is totally done for, is there any way i can take the hard drive out to transfer the data to another computer for safe keeping?

Thanks a ton
Jordan

Hook it up to an external monitor (borrow one from a friend if you don't have one). That will determind if it is the video card or the monitor that is trashed.

Monitors aren't too hard to replace, they are harder to find, and relatively expensive. If you get lucky you'd be able to find another compatable toshiba that is dead that you could take hte monitor from.

Video cards on the other hand are difficult. Most video cards are integrated on latpops meaning if they go out, you have to purchase a whole new motherboard. This is usually very expesive (usually costs as much as the laptop is worth) and a pain to replace.

Either way you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to be backing up your data. Either on another external USB drive or DVD's. Purchase a large external drive and start backing up to that.

correct me if im wrong, but if i turn on my laptop, and theres no sound, no noises with bootup, no loading light flickering... i feel like its my motherboard. if it was my video card, wouldnt i hear the noises and flickering lights and such? it does NOTHING now

i think its ka-put, which is really friggen unfortunate cause i didnt do ANYTHING to it( drop it, virus, exc )

Either way you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to be backing up your data. Either on another external USB drive or DVD's. Purchase a large external drive and start backing up to that.[/QUOTE]

I would of already been backing my stuff up, but i cant get even as far as the BIOS

my friend offered this product to me Bytecc USB 2.0 Drive Mate Drivemate USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA Adapter Kit - Bytecc USB and Firewire - BYTECC - TopMicroUSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom