Which is better to use? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Which is better to use?

But maybe the Sonys drivers are made differently so even it's not made the same date it might perform the same as the newer one or better.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

You can always rollback your drivers if the newer ones do not work.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Your sorta half way there......

Intel makes the driver, akas the 15.21.22.... or whatever it is. Then they give it to all their customers... Sony takes the driver and adds AND/OR subtracts stuff to it. |they add the 8.15.10.... Basically they add the first 8 to the Intel driver to denote its a Sony changed one.

So honestly, Sony won't be any better a improvements to gzaming vs the Intel vinnilla one. But it may be better at doing Sony system stuff better.

I would say, go ahead and run the Intel driver, and if you find issues go try the Sony version.

Edit

Looks like i lied to you.... The 8.15.xx.xx.xx is also a Sony number, the newest driver is also know as 8.15.10.2246

The current Sony is atleast 3 drivers old btw

Old 12-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well is it possible though that Sony had some something to make it run better on Sony notebooks like mine? Or is Sony just using the exact same drivers from Intel.com website just that they changed the driver version numbers and it's older than the current version? I just need to make sure that it will totaly work using the Intel drivers.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

It will work for sure.

Will it work better// that i don't know. For all we know they simply added a Sony branded install screen. But usually, the Intel got driver has more to it as it will have to work on a lasrge amount of systems, where Sony csan ditch the things it won't use and make a smaller install size.

And it not a number change, Sony used the second driver number Intel calls it.

Just shut up and install it **** you! j/k Only way is to try it.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well I guess I could ask this but do most of you guys use drivers directly from Intel, ATI, Nvidia for example or do you guys usualy download the latest drivers from like Sony, Toshiba, Acer etc? I just wanted to know if most of you guys use the OEM drivers from like Sony or do you guys use drivers directly from ATI, Nvidia etc. I heard some people say that they get problems using the drivers from like Nvidia like for example every time the powersaver kicks in and shuts off my monitors I have to manually redetect for the second monitor to come on when I'm docked. That's just one example that I heard someone had a problem with when using drivers directly from Nvidia.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Sometimes. For an integrated card, no. The manufacturers of laptops play with it on their boards. It's different from the graphics manufacturer's drivers. For dedicated cards, a seperate card from the motherboard, we do gout to Nvidia/ATI to get the most recent drivers and software.