Bets Gaming Laptop with a $2500 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlefront115

Baseband Member
Title. I have been looking at the Asus G2S-B2 Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G2S-B2 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7700(2.40GHz) 17.0" Wide UXGA 3GB 200GB 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - Retail but was curious if there was an alternative.

I am looking for a 17 in screen, at least 2 gigs of ram, and must have a dedicated graphics card.

Also the Gateway P-171X FX Edition Gateway Computers - The P-Series FX, Coming Soon caught my eye with the T8300 and the 8800 graphics card in it for under $2000. Only downside is I don't know when its being released and I am in somewhat of a rush for a laptop.

If possible I normally use Newegg for everything I buy but I don't like their return policy with laptops since there are no refunds so if you could provide another retailer that is reputable that would be great.

Thanks for any help :D

Just a few tips I would recommend since I was in this situation (with less of a budget) 2 years ago...

You didnt specify ram, but I would really look into getting 2gigs of ram. I am really happy with my laptop, i bought it 2 years ago for ~$1800 Shipped. Also read carefully on those return policys, you dont want to get stuck with a ~$2500 lemon.

I got alot of stuff that I didnt really need, but it was worth it. Like an extra power supply cord, Longer lasting battery, upgraded screen. I coulda droped the price a couple hundred, but I wanted something that will last at least 3-5 years playing any game i've thrown at it so far ( i havnt tried crysis yet, i play FPS on the desktop mainly).

Go for the best vid card that you can get, and do ALOT of research before locking into something!

Just a few tips I would recommend since I was in this situation (with less of a budget) 2 years ago...

You didnt specify ram, but I would really look into getting 2gigs of ram. I am really happy with my laptop, i bought it 2 years ago for ~$1800 Shipped. Also read carefully on those return policys, you dont want to get stuck with a ~$2500 lemon.

I got alot of stuff that I didnt really need, but it was worth it. Like an extra power supply cord, Longer lasting battery, upgraded screen. I coulda droped the price a couple hundred, but I wanted something that will last at least 3-5 years playing any game i've thrown at it so far ( i havnt tried crysis yet, i play FPS on the desktop mainly).

Go for the best vid card that you can get, and do ALOT of research before locking into something!

yes I am aware of that, I have no problem shelling out some extra cahs if it means better performance or quality I was just curious if there are better laptops I may not have noticed on the market right now aside from what i've listed.

I would wait untill that gateway comes out, or you can get a used hp pavillon with a geforce 7600 on ebay for like $700.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom