Best Laptop within My Budget? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Gunni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 28
Default Best Laptop within My Budget?

Hello Everyone,

Basically I want a good laptop to do several things on, including playing games, I mainly play Minecraft. I already have a decent gaming desktop, but I want a laptop for the portability. What do you guys recommend?

I'm looking to spend as little as possible, under $1000. Even under $900, $800 or $700 would be good if it's second-hand. I don't mind buying from a good eBay seller. If you do infact find a good eBay listing then I'd rather you PM me the link so other people can't get in first! I'm located in Australia so I only really want to buy inside of my country. I've been mainly looking at Asus, what other brands should I be looking at?

Cheers!
__________________

Gunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
stfu_donnie7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California
Posts: 38
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire V3-772G-9829 Intel Core i7 4702MQ(2.20GHz) 8GB Memory 1TB HDD 17.3" Notebook Windows 8

Here is one for right under $1000. It will do everything you want it to do. I will look for more in the mean time but let me know what you think. Just get a copy of Windows 7 because 8 sucks.
__________________

stfu_donnie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Gunni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 28
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfu_donnie7 View Post
Newegg.com - Acer Aspire V3-772G-9829 Intel Core i7 4702MQ(2.20GHz) 8GB Memory 1TB HDD 17.3" Notebook Windows 8

Here is one for right under $1000. It will do everything you want it to do. I will look for more in the mean time but let me know what you think. Just get a copy of Windows 7 because 8 sucks.
Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm actually thinking even cheaper might be good for me now, under $900 would be great.

I know I'm probably not going to get any beast gaming laptops with that money, but oh well. I'm still looking for good deals on "Used" laptops on eBay.

Anyone here in Australia that wants to sell a decent laptop? :P
Gunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
stfu_donnie7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California
Posts: 38
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunni View Post
Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm actually thinking even cheaper might be good for me now, under $900 would be great.

I know I'm probably not going to get any beast gaming laptops with that money, but oh well. I'm still looking for good deals on "Used" laptops on eBay.

Anyone here in Australia that wants to sell a decent laptop? :P
I don't know man. Ebay is really iffy. But yeah I will continue looking for you. I'll get back to you today.
stfu_donnie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pushing Daisies on Saturn
 
Yevrag35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin, US
Posts: 1,118
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Newegg can't ship to Australia without the recipient going through a third-party shipper, fyi.

OP,
Do you have any AU websites that you might want to order this laptop from?
__________________


Yevrag35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Under $1000:
Logical Blue One - Horize W650EH Ultranote
With the option for a quad core

Or if you're willing to go over, this one has a much better graphics card:
http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/sto...-notebook.html
The graphics card is also replaceable too (MXM module).
__________________
Apokalipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Gunni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 28
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
Under $1000:
Logical Blue One - Horize W650EH Ultranote
With the option for a quad core

Or if you're willing to go over, this one has a much better graphics card:
http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/sto...-notebook.html
The graphics card is also replaceable too (MXM module).
Never heard of Logical Blue One before, thanks!

The second link doesn't work, does that mean they're no longer selling it?
Gunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunni View Post
Never heard of Logical Blue One before, thanks!

The second link doesn't work, does that mean they're no longer selling it?
Apparently they're not. That was bad timing.

It was the Ivy Bridge version of this, for ~$1100:
Logical Blue One - Horize P151SM1B Clevo Notebook
with a GTX 670M (MXM module)

The P151SM there has a GTX 770M, which is a bit better, and is Haswell based.

This place also sells the P151EM:
http://www.bulltao.com.au/product/Cl...8658.html?ul=8
You might be able to get one from xoticpc.com too (rebranded as Sager)
__________________
Apokalipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Gunni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 28
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Awesome, thanks!

What about some laptops at a cheaper price. What would be the best laptop for...under $800?

Cheers
Gunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dawson
Posts: 6
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

I bought a great Asus laptop here in Europe for €640 - that's what in dollars? Less than $800 anyway. i5, decent enough Nvidia graphics card. I run some resource loving games and never had any problems. You should be able to get something good for $1000 with no problems.
__________________

dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.