Best laptop for a student

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing with dell is that they're not very light. I'm looking into Vostro but that beast is 6lbs!!! with that in my backpack, I don't think I could put a big book with it. As that would be like lugging aroound 15lbs of stuff. That's too much.

An M1330 is very light ;), just above 4 pounds with a 6 cell battery iirc. For comparison purposes, a macbook is above 5lb. You're not going to get much lighter then that unless you go for an ultra portable. The dell inspiron/vostros are of course heavy but I think a 1400 with a 6 cell battery is doable at about 5.5lb.

If you really do want an ultra portable you can get a Thinkpad x61 at 3 pounds for a little over a grand without discounts/warranty. Very durable, small, light and you don't have to sacrifice cpu power (base cpu is a T7100 which is pretty darn fast already). I couldn't live with such a small screen though (if this is the only computer you'll have) but maybe that's just me

Hm, I like the Dell M1330 XPS. Looks very sleek, stylish, and light.

Has almost all the features I want. I configured it to a price around $1500. But I reckon with the student discount I can get it for a good price.

I, however, don't know much about Dell Student discount and whether I am able to get it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom