Best laptop for a student

Status
Not open for further replies.
GMA950's are NOT enough for even light gaming.. It BARELY (and I mean barely) runs HL2 at a low resolution on low settings and that's not a demanding game at all. Only if you consider light gaming as pong or something lol..

actually, on 800x600 with highest quality graphics, the gma950 gets over 20fps which is good enough for a college laptop in my opinion.

20fps (note that that's the average.. it would dip down to the 10's or even less very often) is not enough to have any type of enjoyment at all in an fps.. trust me.. and 800x600 will look so bad, high quality or not, that it won't be any fun. Basically any other game that isn't 3+ years old is more demanding then hl2 and if it barely runs hl2, it's not going to run them..

If you want to do any gaming that's not like the sims or something, a gma950 will NOT do.

if the college dude wants to play doom on his lap top go all out, if not, i suggest a Celeron D 420. With 1 gig of ram. But you might be a multitasker so another gig wouldn't hurt. A dual-core will help run the multitasking action but even the cheapest one will do. Unless Nero Burning Rom or Microsoft Office is putting some directx10 animiation into their office programs, anything intergrated video would do fine.

^^^^Bit harsh^^^^

most people have downloaded program trials and used illigitamate product keys, saves £400 so what, i agree he will need 2 gigs of ram as applications are becoming more demanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom