Best gamerlaptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathiasf

Beta member
Well I know you will always get less performance for more money going laptop for gaming over desktop, however I have no choice atm as I move around alot. So been seriously thinking of buying an extremely highend laptop, not decided though, it depends if the spec can run ALL games on Highest possible settings, else I don't see much point spending that much money on a laptop.

Anyway, here's the config I've been looking at:

So how does it look as far as gaming goes, crysis, future games etc?

And how does it hold up against a desktop system, how much would a desktop with similar performance cost?

Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX9300 (2,53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 12 MB L2-cache)
SLIâ„¢ DUAL 1 GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M
8192 MB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz [2 x 4096]
640 GB on two drives (7.200 rpm) - RAID 0 Stripe (2 x 320 GB)

misc:

windows vista 64 bit, blueray dvd drive, 1920x1200 monitor (1200p)

*edit*
Also, should I wait until they come with Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-950 Processor or similar? I've seen a few laptops with them, but they lack the rest of what alienware can offer, esp the graphiccards etc.

Laptops are almost up to par with desktops but the video cards that you can get with a desktop will be so much better.

The laptop you described sounds heavy duty and dont see why it couldnt' run what you want it to run.

Well I know you will always get less performance for more money going laptop for gaming over desktop, however I have no choice atm as I move around alot. So been seriously thinking of buying an extremely highend laptop, not decided though, it depends if the spec can run ALL games on Highest possible settings, else I don't see much point spending that much money on a laptop.

Anyway, here's the config I've been looking at:

So how does it look as far as gaming goes, crysis, future games etc?

And how does it hold up against a desktop system, how much would a desktop with similar performance cost?

Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX9300 (2,53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 12 MB L2-cache)
SLIâ„¢ DUAL 1 GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M
8192 MB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz [2 x 4096]
640 GB on two drives (7.200 rpm) - RAID 0 Stripe (2 x 320 GB)

misc:

windows vista 64 bit, blueray dvd drive, 1920x1200 monitor (1200p)

*edit*
Also, should I wait until they come with Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-950 Processor or similar? I've seen a few laptops with them, but they lack the rest of what alienware can offer, esp the graphiccards etc.

Its a good laptop, but its not worth it, especially with that being 2 generation old technology really. (It should run most games at high, but its not all like you wanted)

Firstly, because nVidia blatantly name inflated that card. You probably are familiar with a GTX 280, but the laptop variant is equivalent to a G92 8800GTS (that's right, not even GT200). So basically you're paying a lot for what is really 8800GTS G92 SLI.

I'd recommend waiting for the Core i5's and the newer Core i7's to hit the laptop scene.

Gaming laptops are not too bad. However considering the way they heat up, especially when you are gaming, I would not trust any thing with out a 2 year warranty.

You got a Bugget or you going wild

A friend of mine has been looking at Dell XPS M1710 (Bluray) hes spending 6 grand and this thing is 5 kgs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom