Best Buy Replacement Laptop Please Help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Best Buy Replacement Laptop Please Help

I recently ordered a Toshiba L755-S5308 with an i5 processor, 320 gb and 4kb of memory from Best Buy. I was informed last night that they are now out of stock and they would like to replace it for the same price with a Gateway NV57H57u. It has the same processor, better graphics package and more memory. Although they are giving me 6 gb of memory when the 4 probably would be sufficient. My dilemna is that I am not familiar with the Gateway laptop and have been unable to find a review of this particular one. I really wanted a Toshiba but this is the only option Best Buy would give me for the same price. Any insight you can give me or knowledge would be greatly appreciate, I am running out of time before Christmas. Thank you for any help or guidance you can give me.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Best Buy Replacement Laptop Please Help

4KB? oh my...

I never dealt with Gateway, either. Well, except the old Windows 98 one I found in the trash. :P

Can't you just wait until they get back in stock? I'd personally go with the Toshiuba, if you can. But that Gateway doesn't look too bad. Why take the chance?

Have you considered getting another brand? You know, if it costs a little more for better features. I wouldn't go towards HP, but like ASUS, Acer. Good known, strong companies. Not just Gateway, a sector of HP.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Best Buy Replacement Laptop Please Help

It was already on backorder but now Best Buy says they will not get anymore, so they are out of stock. I paid 438 for the Toshiba, which I thought was great for the toshiba with an I5 processor. I have searched around and have not been able to find another of any brand with the I5 in this price range. I am staying away from HP but have looked at several other brands. I don't know much about Gateway and have not found a single review of this computer online. Thoughts?
Closed Thread