Battery problem: Plugged in, not charging

nicktgamb123

Beta member
Hi there,

I have a Samsung NP530uc3 that seems to have a dead battery. The machine is about 2 years old or thereabouts. Just want to see if anybody has any tips for me before directly trying to replace the battery.

Basically it was working fine and then suddenly I got a message saying "The battery is not operating under normal condition. Replacing the battery pack is highly recommended. If the adapter is removed in current state. You may lose your data. Please save your data immediately. The battery pack is consumerable device. This pack is not working correctly or life is ended. Please stop using the battery or replace it for your safety."

Now, naturally that error seem pretty damning. However I had battery bar installed, and also downloaded batteryinfo tool, and it indicates that the battery wear level is only 60.7%, and further, the 'rate of charge' under battery bar indicates 0mw - perhaps leading me to think it is a problem with the charger itself?

I did some searching and a few suggested solutions were: unplug and clean everything, which I did to no avail. I also uninstalled the batteries under 'device manager -? batteries' and scanned for new devices however this did not solve the problem. Windows itself doesn't give the 'considering replacing your battery' warning either, but just says 'plugged in, not charging' (stuck at 33%). If I unplug the power cord, the machine dies completely. And I can't start it without the cable in either. The battery light itself is ominously flashing orange/blue.

I guess tomorrow I might try find a different charger in case that is the problem, and then if that fails I guess I'll have to try a new battery. Would anyone have any suggestions prior to that? . Unfortunately, it's not covered under any warranty anymore. Thanks in advance.

well if it runs with the charger plugged in and dies when unplugged I think it would be the battery causing the issue, seems to be a common issue for all laptops.

Dauntae

60% wear level is bad... Replace the battery.

Heat kills batteries quickly - which is common in laptops.

Hi There - I am looking for a fix to this same error message on my Samsung laptop NP900X4C. The issue is that this message is, to my untrained eye, clearly not a system message. It is gramatically poorly written and the actual message has a spelling mistake - which this above post has not transcribed correctly. The actual message is as follows:
"The Battery is not working under normal condition. Replacing the Battery Pack is highly recommanded. If the adapter is removed in current state, you may lose your data. Please save your data immediately."
I am convinced that it is some sort of virus or malware - but as I am not a computer expert, and have found nothing on google (crazy, I know), I am lost.

When the laptop is unplugged it immediately turns off - I can only turn it back on if I plug it back in. The message appears once the computer boots up.

Can anyone who has high level tech clearance or knowledge pls look into this and let me know what I can do?

Many thanks in advance,
Zarychta

Hi There - I am looking for a fix to this same error message on my Samsung laptop NP900X4C. The issue is that this message is, to my untrained eye, clearly not a system message. It is gramatically poorly written and the actual message has a spelling mistake - which this above post has not transcribed correctly. The actual message is as follows:
"The Battery is not working under normal condition. Replacing the Battery Pack is highly recommanded. If the adapter is removed in current state, you may lose your data. Please save your data immediately."
I am convinced that it is some sort of virus or malware - but as I am not a computer expert, and have found nothing on google (crazy, I know), I am lost.

When the laptop is unplugged it immediately turns off - I can only turn it back on if I plug it back in. The message appears once the computer boots up.

Can anyone who has high level tech clearance or knowledge pls look into this and let me know what I can do?

Many thanks in advance,
Zarychta

You should really create your own thread for issues... anyway... if you think it's malware do the following:

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

Post all of your logs in a single new thread in our Virus & Malware board:
Viruses, Spyware and Malware - Techist - Tech Forum

I don't think it's really malware though - since you said it immediately shuts off when you unplug it. Sounds like crapped out battery to me. Just as the message says, replace the battery pack.

You can check if you can see the wear level % with HWMonitor:
HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

Yeah that sounds like a battery that has REALLY HAD IT. It's not responding to being 'jolted' figure like a dead guy not responding to resuscitation and voltage.

Back
Top Bottom