Battery power in freefall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Rider

Baseband Member
So my Dell laptop Battery runs fromm 100% to about 68% and then suddenly drops to just 7%.It's a few months over a year old. On full I originally get 4.5hrs but now only about 3 and then after that sudden drop it goes to about 7 minutes. Are the battery cells dead? I'm trying to pin point if its dead when it happened, it was working perfectly three months ago. But I haven't used it on battery for the last three months. I just a few days ago went through the airport where you have to put your laptop through those x-ray scanners, could that have something to do with it?

Lithium Ion batteries constantly drain power out of them to keep them from getting a memory. The constant drain/charge on the battery damages the length of the charge after about 300 or so full charges (full drain/charge) Usually this equals out to be about a year and a half give or take.

Cell phones also suffer from the same problem.

Ah ok, sorry about the late response, been without web access.

But now my battery drains much further going all the way to about 50% before dropping to 7% instead of going to 70% like before and dropping to 7%. Strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom