Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my laptop for 1 year and 1 month, when I first got it the battery lasted about 3 hours, then about 3 months ago it went to 2 hours, then 1 hour, then 30min, now today it had a full charge and i took it outside so i could check my email while i had a smoke, now it takes about 5 min to smoke a cigarette. i hit the power button right when i lit my cig, and it died when i finished it.

my battery went from full to dead in 5 min...

its a 4500mah battery

bios reports 758mah, after battery learning it usually goes to 1000mah, and thats about 40min... what would cause it to go from 40min and drop to 5 min?

Batteries do not have an unlimited life span. On average they last between one and two years. Heck my HP ones barely last a year.

This is normal, you're just going to have to purchase a new battery for your laptop.

This happened to my mom's Powerbook. I used to use it on my bed and when it died I would charge it and then unplug it to play in the living room and bed. The battery goes from 100% to 75% then 50% ect;

The battery are very expensive and should be taken care of, if you can take it out and run on corded power if possible.

A few tips.
1. You will need to purchase a new battery. Try looking at 3rd party batteryies too. They work out cheaper, and some times they do have higher capacity batteries where the orginal manufacturer might not have that option.

2. Do not leave your laptop plugged in all the time. When I am not using my laptop, it's on my table unplugged. A good way of killing any battery is to have it plugged in constantly.
And if the battery is fully charged, and I am not going anywhere with it, i remove the battery from the laptop. Batteries on laptops should only be used if you do not have access to a power socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom