Battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onthesight

Beta member
I have a Dell Vosto 1000. I have a replacement AC adapter as well as a replacement battery. The AC adapter will not charge the battery. When I take the battery out, the laptop stays powered on via the AC adapter. (hence, it is recognizing the adapter). I have heard that some replacement adapters will only power on the Dell laptop but will not charge the battery, however, when I plug the same adapter into another Dell laptop, the adapter charges it. I have also tried several different batteries, and several different AC adapters. Even a Dell factory AC adapter. The issue seems to be with the laptop itself. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, any solutions?

There is some loose wire between the PSU and battery. Unless you know how to solder, I'm afraid there is nothing you can do put ask Dell.

You may have an issue with the power or charger board within the laptop itself malfunctioning. In that case, it will need to be serviced by a professional. Have you also tried using the battery in another Dell laptop to see if the laptop battery works in that one?

Please do not jump 3 month old posts. The user got the information he needed.

I doubt he has another Dell that takes the same kind of battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom