Backspace Malfunction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falafels

Beta member
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and come in need of help! (please :lol: )

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite L650 Series around the time of black Friday. (So it's relatively new.) I've had no problems with it up until 2 days ago when my "backspace" key started to enter a "k" instead of erasing (backspacing.) I found this to be particularly strange because it would erase the previous key but replace it with a "k"

For example, if I were to type in "purples" and wanted to backspace the letter "s" it would erase the letter "s" but would add the letter "k" Like this; "purplek" Stranger still, this problem is off and on. Such as now, it's working perfectly.

I've considered many possible reasons for this such as a dust problem, prolonged usage, incorrect usage (on my lap, on my bed), and even the most ridiculous such as some sort of correlation with it being connected vs not connected to the USB charger or even, on a specific browser (which is obviously not the problem or else everyone on chrome would be complaining. lol)

As you can tell, I am at the brink of lunacy and desperation here! Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Welcome to TF, Falafels! :D

Try updating/reinstalling your chipset drivers. That may fix it. Could be macro that you didn't know you created, also.

Thank you very much for your feedback MindoverMaster! But... how would I go about updating/reinstalling my chipset driver? How/where would I find the kind my laptop uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom