Asus Laptop u46sv-dh51 or u56e

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpm55

In Runtime
Hello everyone,

So I have decided to look in a different direction for a new laptop. I am currently looking at buying one of a couple of options of the asus u series. The links below show the options. Just wondering which one you all think would be the best overall in value and performan

Asus - Laptop / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 15.6" Display / 6GB Memory - Aluminum Lake Blue Hairline - U56E-BBL6

Asus - Laptop / Intel® Core™ i7 Processor / 14" Display / 8GB Memory / 750GB Hard Drive - Aluminum Platinum - U46E-BAL6

Asus - Laptop / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 14" Display / 8GB Memory / 750GB Hard Drive - Platinum - U46E-BAL5

Amazon.com: ASUS U46SV-DH51 14-Inch Thin and Light Laptop (Silver): Electronics

The last link is an upgraded model with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M and bluetooth that the others do not have, but it cost more and has a smaller battery.

Please let me know what you all think.

I would go with the Amazon one. Best Buy really fails in specifications. They should learn from any other online retailer.

But, the 540m is going to be better than any of the BB ones, that look to have all integrated video.

Don't remember your use for it, but if it is gaming, that 540M will do you well.

I don't really game much anymore on a laptop, but I want it to look good when I connect it to my HDTV. I am hoping by saving money on a laptop I can build a desktop in the up coming months.

I am mostly going to be programming and doing school work on it. Looking at mobility and battery life.

I have but they are more expensive then I really want to spend for the most part and I would end up sacrificing screen size. I would love suggestions though, so if you have any ideas let me know. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom