Asus laptop for school

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhead

Solid State Member
i was looking at this laptop for school. i am looking to spend no more than $700 and it needs to have some battery life, i would like 4+ hours. is this one worth the money or should i look at another one, if i should look elsewhere what would you recommend. i know that most people on hear would agree that asus makes good products, and that was a big factor in finding this one. it will be the only pc i have so it will be used for everything from watching movies to word processing, internet, and ipod syncing. but it does not have to everything outstandingly, it is a laptop for school first and everything else second.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...1218124204238&skuId=9556036&st=asus&cp=1&lp=2
:thumbsup:

Page not found. ;)

Well give us some requirements that you are looking for. Like screen size, RAM, OS, and stuff like that. I mean a netbook can accomplish what you want and not cost you a fortune. But the screen size on those is small. So do you want something around 10" or something more lke 14-17" for screen size?

Most of what you described can be done on a netbook. Even the most basic of laptops can do what you want. It just comes down to your preference on screen size.

sorry the link is fixed. i something around 15" screen, from the little i have played with it windows 7 is pretty good. ram i think 2-4gb would be plenty. umm really what i am wondering is if this laptop is really worth the money or if their is a laptop that is way better for the same money or less, i have been to best buy and i do like it it just seams right but i wanted to sleep on it and just do some checking before i shell out $750 for it. that is after tax.

It looks good for the money to me. Only thing, the GMA 4500 leaves a lot to be desired if you're going to be doing any gaming. You can upgrade to a model with a dedicated video card for only a little more.

so would this model simply not play them at all or just have to be on the lowest settings. Is their any laptops that you would recommend with a dedicated graphics card? I love computers but i dont know that much about them and am having trouble deciphering all the model numbers and know what that means. thanks for all the help!

I eam you would be talking lowest settings for most new games.

If you look at these models, they'll come with a much nicer dedicated video card so they'd be much better equipped for playing games. If you don't play that many, or aren't that concerned about the performance, then you wouldn't have to upgrade to something different.

Newegg.com - ASUS X83VP-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T6600(2.20GHz) 14.1" Wide XGA 4GB Memory DDR2 800 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 - Laptops / Notebooks
Newegg.com - ASUS K61IC-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T6600(2.20GHz) 16" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 220M - Laptops / Notebooks

If you want to play games, yeah, it's worth the extra. Plus you get a blue ray drive and that's pretty cool.

Just remember, if your using a laptop to game your battery life will be significantly reduced.

ok so is their a major difference between ddr2 and ddr3 ram? should it be a deciding factor or will it be faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom