ASUS Laptop - Hiccup bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

Solid State Member
Hey I got an interesting problem, not a real big issue but more of an annoyance, as wondering if anyone knew what caused it. I have an ASUS laptop, 2.8 dual core, geforce 220m, 4 GB, etc, and when I unplug it and run it off battery, every couple of minutes it hiccups, as in everything freezes for about 2 sec and the sound glitches, and then it's back to normal as though nothing happened. Even when I plug it back in it does it, until i restart and it's fine until I unplug it again.

Any idea what would cause that? I'm not too concerned about the hiccups on battery but I'm somewhat concerned that maybe it has something to do with power management to the processors or something and the hiccups might always be happening and maybe it just doesn't completely freeze the computer when it has full power or something. (lag spike problem in cod4, probably just my bad net but I'd like to be sure lol)

Welcome to TF! :D

That is interesting... I used to get something similar to that on my Dell Vostro 1500. But rather, if it was on battery at boot up, and it loads the Window's screen. Rather than freezing, it would turn the display off for a second, then resume.

Did you ever try to run out your battery, to the point where it shuts down, then recharge your battery? That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edit: Now that I think of it, you might want to take out the battery and rub the connectors with your fingers. (with your laptop off, of course) Might also want to take your power cord off and blast some condensed air into the power hole in your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom