ASUS Laptop @ BestBuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhcao

Beta member
I recently posted about customizing my own desktop, but I'm not sure about it yet. I kind of need a laptop for the mobility (college and coming home every weekend) and saw this laptop at BestBuy for $999.99. Here's the link:

Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor - Black - G72GX-RBBX05

I was wondering how this laptop would handle games such as WoW, SC2, and future games on max settings. Is it worth it to you guys?

Thanks for the input.

Hmm...I actually have a question for you. Do you really want a laptop that weighs 8.8 pounds with a battery life of only 1 hour and 23 minutes? In all honesty, this laptop would obviously be more mobile than a desktop, but it would not be mobile enough to be lugging across campus. Anyways, this is just something to keep in mind.

To answer your question, it should easily be able to run WoW and SC2 on max settings. To me it would not be worth it because it is just too heavy and the battery life is too low for a college environment.

Also, this laptop is, in my opinion, much better and lighter for the same price :
Newegg.com - ASUS N61JQ-X1 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730

It comes with 320GB or hard drive space instead of 500GB, but it also runs at 7200 rpm. I don't personally need that much hard drive space, but I don't know if that would affect you.

Yes, it has a good GFX, but you will not be playing at full. Heat is the enemy. Laptops are not well cooled and can't be in the small case. You should be able to play at medium settings with no heating troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom