Asus G1SN-X1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirrus_Pilot

Solid State Member
Hey Guys,

I have an Asus G1SN-X1 and am looking at upgrading the processor. I have the PM965 Chipset and bios version 202. I am looking at upgrading to either the T7700 or the T9300. I have contacted Asus and they wont give any information. I have also looked through countless forums and have varying answers on what I can do.

Thanks,

Adam

Welcome to TF!

The reason why ASUS won't tell you this is because:

1. It will void your warranty. If you break it, they won't repair it.
2. You have to disassemble your whole laptop to get to the cpu.

Well the warranty part im not worried about, because it has been gone for over a year, actually they designed a nice little cover on the bottom where the cpu sits. I know how to take it apart, not real hard, just trying to find the best processor. I am thinking of just biting the bullet and buying the T7700, sounds like everyone that has installed it in the laptop is happy and working.

Oh, OK. Not all laptops have an easy access compartment on the bottom. I could have looked it up, but I was tired last night, didn't bother with it.

All you need to do is make VERY sure that the new CPU will work. I suppose you looked at ASUS support?

I have, if you look here, ASUSTeK Computer Inc., they show that the T9300 and the T7700 are compatible. I have talked to a couple more people that have put the T9300 in and are very happy. So I am actually going to buy the T9300 instead. All should work since I have the newest bios and everything.

Hey Guys,

So I have the T9300 installed and running on my ASUS G1SN-X1. I did not have to change anything, just installed and what do ya know, it works!! The problem I had with the 6X multiplier carried over to the T9300, the only way past it I have found is to use RMClock and disable the TM1 and TM2 sensors. Could this be caused by a RAM problem??

Thanks guys,

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom