ASUS A43SD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvio

Beta member
hey. i bought an asus A43SD notebook today and some stuff like Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Office Word were not responding for like a minute most of the time I clicked it. And right clicking the mouse for 'properties' also took a minute. Even clicking Start button took some time. I have little knowledge of notebooks etc. So, can someone please help me out here? I was charging it for a few hours as it was new and I don't think it'll affect the loading of stuff. but idk

Most likely, you are slowed down by all the bloatware. Go to run, Windows key + R, and type in msconfig. go to the startup tab. Unless you direly need anything, like your antivirus, uncheck everything. Restart, and see if it helps you at all.

It is faster now but er i cant increase/decrease volume etc. using keyboard now.

i enabled atk hotkey and it worked. thanks anyway. and what is backing up files for? do i need to do that?

Sorry .. QuickSet is in DELL :p I messed up with another thread :p

Backing up is for settings and personal files .. so you can recover them from the last back up if you had to re-install windows .. and never back up your data and save it in your laptop ..

If you are looking for full system restore you will need another tool for that .
But there is a possiblty that you already have a recovery backup for all your system .. on DVDs with your laptop or inside as a Hidden partition ..
and since you have little knowledge of notebooks try not to mess too much with the recovery because some laptops if you start the recovery process it can't be canceled and may delete every thing in your laptop (all partrtions) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom