AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephfuentes

Solid State Member
I am looking at two laptops. one with intel pentium dual core and the other with AMD Turion 64X2. Which is the better of the two engines?

which brings me to my next questions. When you look at the trade journals such as PC World, PC Mag, Smartcomputing etc. they usually say that the Intel is "better" than the AMD in its class of course. what is meant by better? clock speeds seem to be comparable? is it some type of throughput that is being measured?

I just hear this term bandied about but it's all qualitive not quantitive. anybody shed some light?

It just processes data better, it's like when the athlon 64 came out, it processed better than the p4 and several others while it ran at a slower clock speed.

thanks for the quick reply.
peter, pls note it's a dual core not core-2. i believe core-2 are more high perf than dual core. true?

charles, when it's stated it processes data better what does that mean? more instructions per second? can outperform the other proc in number crunching? file downloading? brings up applications faster? makes you type up that MS word doc faster ? (just kiddin').

Pls advise.

A Intel core duo 2 it's better because it can process more instructions per second when comparing with a AMD turion. both at the same clock speed.

It can run more instructions than the AMD can, now if it is a dual core Pentium D then the athlon will beat it out, or have very similar performance.

Are you talking like a Pentium D or like a Pentium Dual Core E2200?

pretty significant difference.

I believe he is talking about Pentium Dual Core that are based on Core 2 architecture but have lower cache

Actually, there is no Pentium D that use NetBurst architecture for laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom