All User Input Disabled

LVMJohnson1996

Beta member
Recently a customer gave me a laptop to wipe and restore, a common task most of us computer technicians will do. After removing all partitions on the laptop's hard drive I proceeded to install and update windows. I bypass language and add on updates (such as Silverlight and Bing Bar) focusing more on driver and security updates.

After downloading a series of security updates once the computer had restarted it no longer would take input from the keyboard or track pad. First thought was that drivers must have been removed, so I grabbed a USB keyboard and after drivers were "successfully installed" I still could not navigate the GUI.

The computer was not frozen, and the keyboard can navigate successfully through the BIOS, and both are active in Restoration Boot. But once the OS is fully loaded in either Safe Boot or Normal Boot, the mouse and keyboards will not function.

Because inputs worked in Restoration Boot I restored windows to a earlier date when critical updates were installed, but this was before I had activated the wireless driver, so this means that a security update did not do this.

Any clue one what happened to the computer? I'd love to know what caused this issue.

Back
Top Bottom