All of a sudden no USB mouse works on my laptop. reasons why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djphil

Beta member
I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 and all of a sudden no mouse will work with it. Been using the same mouse for months and today it just stopped working. I do not receive an error message. my USB keyboard, USB Wireless adapter, USB Sound card and USB Hub all work with no problem. also both mice that i tried on my laptop work fine on my PC. i disconnected all the usb devices and just plugged the mouse in and i still get no movement. the laser light at the bottom of the mice light up normally. I have also rebooted multiple times(Hard and soft) when i plug the mouse in the new hardware icon shows in the notification area then it goes away as if the driver or whatever installed with no problem.. doesn't give a message saying so or not. Ive tried system restore as well as unistalling/reinstalling the USB port drivers via the Device Manager... im stuck.. someone please assist for this is driving me crazy. :crazy:..

XP pro SP2
Pentium M 1.5 Ghz
1.5 GB of Ram

also i just tried a wireless usb mouse and got no such luck... idk what the heck this could be... and to think i go to school for this stuff... i just dont want to have to re-image this machine...

Welcome to TF!

Did you try different ports, try putting another device in that same port? that could be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom