Alienware Sentia M3450 Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
Hey guys, does anyone have an idea of where abouts I can obtain a piece for my Alienware Senita M3450? This the multifunction board that has the DC jack, the s video and the VGA jack. All three of these components are located on one small circuit board, that is easily found online but sold out everywhere. I have checked laptop king, excelcomputerinc...all those places and their sites have been sold out probably for about a year now. I even called alienware and was told "That piece too important, you send us so we fix", for around the sum of 600 dollars. Can anyone help me out here? All I need is one piece but no one seems to have it.

What part of the board is broke? Surface mount jacks usually can be salvaged from other computers. $600 tells me they don't want to be bothered.

A piece of the circuit board which holds the DC jack, vga output and s video out put. Here is a link to the part.

6-77-M54NC-003A | ALIENWARE Laptop Part: - Sentia M3450 (M3450i) multifunction board, includes dc jack, tv port, video port and voltage regulator (battery charger circuitry)

They want me to cover shipping both ways, probably about 15 bucks each way. Then another 150 just for them to look at the machine, which does not include the price of the part. And there were a few other charges as well. All I need is this one piece and I can fix it myself.

No the piece is fried. There are black blotches all over it, looks like it sucked up too much juice or something and killed itself.

Looks like a circuit run from the DC power jack acted like a fuse. That can be repaired by someone who knows how to repair circuit boards. I have a feeling the power converter may have gone bad to cause the short. There's good chance a new multifunction board will fry faster then the first unless the source of the short is found. Being everybody have been out of stock for a while, my guess this has been a wide spread problem.

Wow that sucks, I have no idea how im going to find the cause of the short. I think the pieces have been out of stock because Alienware no longer makes this model. its like 1-2 years old I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom