Alienware Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonDrehle

Beta member
I want to get a really good laptop for college and I have been looking at the Aurora mALX. I was wondering if yall think that is a good choise or if there is something else I could look at. I know with Alienwares you are also paying for the name but I don't know how to build by own. I need a laptop so I can take it to class and take it home without having to use something to transfer all my stuff everytime I go home.

Thanks,
Chris

are you going to game on it then??? desktop will be your cheapest and best performance for gaming. I would suggest buying a cheapish laptop for working like a dell and then build a desktop with the rest you could then have the mobility of the laptop and the raw power of a desktop

Unless you are going to game on the laptop here is no good rason to buy an Alienware. nad frankly, even i fyou did want to game you could get a perfectly sable notebook off of newegg with a fair amount of power and still save money off the outrageous Alienware prices.

Alienware is just too expensive even for how cool they are. You could build a monster gaming desktop and a good dual-core notebook for way less than an Aurora will cost you and you'll get more life out of both of them.

Well, if you don't know 'how' to build a pc then I would definately agree with the other post. Check out newegg and look for a core 2 duo laptop or something else along the same lines. I would also suggest an external hard drive with firewire capabilities. This way its a great source for back-up and you won't break your wallet. stable laptops on newegg are around 700+ if you like vista it may be a bit more. I currently have had three hp's, one had 1ghz ram, AMD turion the other Dual core turion and 2ghz ram another 1ghz ram intel core duo.

so, its a matter of battery life to power, alienwares are 'nice looking' but pricey, and watch out on the mail in rebates, some of the time you won't see them ever getting back to you, thats nearly 250$$!!

4 years ago probably yes but after learning that alienware is owned by dell if u have the cash get a voodoo. After seeing the price of a mac and learning the insane price for shipping im going voodoo instead more expensive yes so what ill just save up for an extra 6 months and pawn evry desktop for a 1 mile radius. Although one problem with high end notebooks is that well they suck after 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom