Alienware

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeyes89

Daemon Poster
hey guys I'm going off to college in one year and i wanted to know how much of a budget would i have to save up until then so i could get a gaming laptop that would last me 3 yrs. Also should i go for a powerbook or an Alienware ALX. I know about the components and evrything the problem is I've never had experience with a laptop first hand and just wanted to know what to expect.

Any particular reason you need a gaming laptop over a desktop? Besides just general cost issues, the battery preformance alone barely makes it worth while. And when you are talking the price of an alienware after a few upgrades you might just be beter off building a gaming desktop and picking up a mid range Toshiba or Dell (yes I knwo this forum is very anit-dell, but I find thier laptops to be pretty durable and "good enough" performance wise for thier price) similar on the cheap for on teh go school use like word processing, chatting and browsing.

i just wanted to play world of warcraft on campus when i had so time off...i guess i see youre point i am being kinda stupid although for now im just speculating because i need to start saving up.

Holy crap, you coudl build a killer desktop rig and still buy a laptop for class use with that kinda cash. And, if you are mainly going to be playing WoW, you dont even NEED a high end computer. **** I used to play it just fine on an old 1.73GHz iBook, just needed soem extra RAM. I am heading home from work in a minute, but I am better soem of the other regulars will start posting build suggestions shortly. For under 1500 you could have a really nice desktop easy.

hey thnx for that parts list. I got a great idea while looking at a issue of pc gamer at the supermarket. To save some cash, Im going to probably buy those parts you listed but im going to reuse things on this pc like my case psu and etc but that proc and mobo are badass. And i dont even want to think what i could do with that vid card thnx.

alienware = no

you can find some better cyberpower or ibuypower

or just go to newegg.

for college, I would say a good laptop would be a thinkpad or a macbook

Two of my favorite laptops :D

ya thats exactly what i was thinking I probably am going to get a macbook in july of next year for college and the parts in December probably by then ill have enough cash. Actually cyberpower and ibuypower have pretty good prices but i went alienware back in 04 when i saw the badass cable management i mean i had seen well build pcs before but this is just ridiculously clean. Even after all the upgrades ive done its still clean. Also i didnt get a cyberpower due to the fact i could easily build a pc and someone said they had glued their video card on there, and ibuypower has bad cable management. Idk todays standards maybe they're better. Plus tbqh i also like the alienware's cases bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom