alarm?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
is there a way to set up a low battery alarm in my laptop computer? right now, the computer just shuts down with no warning what so ever. i purposely ran the computer until it shut down, looking for any kind of an alarm. visual or audible. but nothing. honestly, i would like an audible alarm to go off a minute or two prior to the shutdown. but anything would be better than none. if it matters, i am using a Dell precision M90 with windows 7. i typed in a search, but nothing came up.

Control Panel -> Power Options -> on the currently selected Power Plan, click "Change Plan settings" -> "Change advanced power settings" -> Scroll to the bottom and expand "Battery" and set the individual Low/critical levels and actions.

wow, there are a lot of options there. i set them starting @ 15% for low battery level. now, to see what happens. thanks!

well, my computer still just shuts down. with no warning what so ever. but at least now it just goes to sleep, rather than hibernates. is there maybe some kind of battery minder software that is downloadable that has an audible or visible alarm?

THERE WE GO! thats what i neded. thanks! now i get enough notice to plug the computer in, or at least know what is going on with it. THANKS!!!!

XWrench, click the
reputation.gif
under his name to thank him if you havent :)

well, that has not worked either. i just did a test, making certain that the sound was on and turned all the way up, and not a peep. i also made sure that the alarm noise was set up and turned on. any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom