Agree or Disagree? Best Laptops For Emulation 2016 / 2017 (Best Laptops for Emu/Game Emulation 2016/2017)

Area-1255

Baseband Member
Just threw this article together, I want all the brain's in this forum to chip in and if there is anything missing from this article (at all!) let me know ASAP, in this thread.

A top quote :
Previously we wrote a long post about Best Laptops for Hackers, which included a run-down on the best laptops for programming and penetration testing (pen-testing). This article turned out to be very popular even though it wasn't exactly intended to be that, now we are proud to finally publish the long-requested article of 'Best Laptops for Video Game System Emulation'.

The idea of this post is to give an accurate summary of which laptops are suited for, or adept at emulating various consoles and their games, and which ones also can easily perform these duties, at the lowest possible cost.

Now obviously, the better hardware you have the better your system will be at emulating other hardware/software. That doesn't necessarily mean a more expensive laptop. Where the demands of hacking and pen-testing demand vital and significant internal storage, the prerequisites for game emulation are generally just a good graphics processor, and good RAM/CPU.

Your laptop should also be in good working order and not muddled with high-risk pirated downloads and large bits of video. To emulate efficiently, you should also have as little processes and programs running in order for the emulator to run smoothly.

These are all common sense tips but...

• If you are looking to emulate more recent systems then your laptop will have to carry a large capacity to run multiple processes, extensions and to keep up with the emulator's CPU requirement. That's just to start.
  • If you plan on emulating large 3D-environments as in a 1st-Person-Shooter, such as COD and God of War as well as any extensive RPG-Environment then you will need additional processing requirements and a fairly up-to-date graphics card on your laptop.
  • For AMD processors you should be looking at FX8000 or better.
  • For Intel processors you should be looking at i5 or i7 processors such as i5-4670K and i5-3570K, the "K" series allows for overclocking and consistent and smooth performance. Great i7 processors are i7-4700MQ and i7-4930MX and are pretty affordable in comparison to newer variants.
  • Lastly, for emulating newer games GEForce GPU/Graphics cards are preferred, almost necessary. 2 - 5 GB of RAM minimum on your laptop/Computer will work fine.

Best Laptops For Emulation 2016 / 2017 (Best Laptops for Emu/Game Emulation 2016/2017)

https://area1255.blogspot.com/2016/11/best-laptops-for-emulation-2016-2017.html

I wish this forum allowed discussion on emulators but they're a moral grey area because they're commonly pirated.

Well it does not mention the name of any console so..... it could mean any console i guess and probably there are consoles on earth that are 'legal' to emulate sooooooooooooo...
if you follow poor man rules i guess its alright.....
eh. :p

Well it does not mention the name of any console so..... it could mean any console i guess and probably there are consoles on earth that are 'legal' to emulate sooooooooooooo...
if you follow poor man rules i guess its alright.....
eh. :p

Console emulators aren't legal in the US.

DOS emulation, however is ;).

Back
Top Bottom