acer vs. asus

Sweetness94

Baseband Member
I have a dilemma, I have two laptops that seem to be great deals,I'm not sure which one to go with, so I'm asking for some advice.
The first laptop is an ACER Aspire which seems to have good specs, and is quite cheap. The link is here: Amazon.com: Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602 15.6-Inch Laptop (Midnight Black): Electronics
I'm leaning towards this one because of the nvidia geforce 630M graphics card, and the cheaper price tag .
The other is an ASUS, which i have heard great stuff about the ASUS brand. On the contrary I have heard quite a bit of negative about the ACER brand. The asus laptop is here : ASUS A53SD-TS71 Laptop Computer - 2nd Gen Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20GHz, 4GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610M, 15.6 Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Black at TigerDirect.com

Thanks!

Go for the Asus. Even if the Acer has a better GPU, the Asus apparently can run Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 in the highest settings according to the reviews. Don't listen to me though, I don;t understand tech as much as other people on the forum.

I like the ASUS alot but the ACER has a far superior graphics card (630M), compared to the 610M in the ASUS. Also, the ACER is $100 cheaper, but I will be willing to pay more if the ASUS is really that much better.

Anybody else have any thoughts/recommendations?

What do you want out of the laptop? Gaming? Surfing? Movies? Both of them are closely matched.

Where did you read these reviews? Amazon, TigerDirect, or Newegg reviews are written by douchbags. Look at professionally written reviews.

What do you want out of the laptop? Gaming? Surfing? Movies? Both of them are closely matched.

Where did you read these reviews? Amazon, TigerDirect, or Newegg reviews are written by douchbags. Look at professionally written reviews.

Primarily for gaming, and school work. Though, for the school work part, any laptop could really suffice. I could not find any reviews for the ASUS one.

See what came of this? Both should be able to play the games you want. I think you would be set with either one.

And Acer is right under ASUS in my books, so the Acer would not be a bad choice.

Back
Top Bottom