Acer Travelmate c312xmi Fan Burnt Out - What type of fan could replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkie

Beta member
Hey people,

I found this forum because I need some tech help and it looks promising. Basically I have an old Acer Travelmate c312xmi and the fan on it has died. Now all it needs is a new fan but I've had loads of difficulty trying to find out what type of fan etc. I was wondering if anyone knew what type of fan the laptop could support, preferably the most powerful and where I could get it from.

I found this website if it helps: Infonec Computers - Computer parts Canada, PC Components, laptop computers, motherboards, processors, CPUs and much more

Thanks very much,
Clarkie

PS. It is a Tablet PC running the Tablet version of XP.

Open the laptop, get to the fan, take it out, measure it in MM, and find a fan of that size. That'll be the easiest way, unless you can get ahold of a service manual for your laptop (unlikely).

Also, NCIX is a good site for you to shop from if you need PC components if you live in Canada.

Open the laptop, get to the fan, take it out, measure it in MM, and find a fan of that size. That'll be the easiest way, unless you can get ahold of a service manual for your laptop (unlikely).

Also, NCIX is a good site for you to shop from if you need PC components if you live in Canada.
It's hard to get out so I'll try in a bit but once I've found the size of the fan does it matter what type of fan I buy or not?

Also, processor is: Intel Pentium M 740 (1.73GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)

Just make sure it has the same power connector as the same one that is currently in your laptop.

If you want, try calling Acer to see if they have parts available, or even a service manual. Worst they'll say is "no."

Just make sure it has the same power connector as the same one that is currently in your laptop.

If you want, try calling Acer to see if they have parts available, or even a service manual. Worst they'll say is "no."
Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow then :) Thanks for the help.

You can try to google search for a service manual for your laptop as well; sometimes you can get lucky and find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom