Acer Laptop Sound Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm3

Solid State Member
I, well my mother, just bought a Acer Aspire 5535-5050 laptop. It's mainly for her as I have a desktop, and we had been trying to decide whether to get one or not and then one day she just took the plunge and got it from a store near her work. We're very happy with how it runs but noticed that the sound wasn't very loud even with it maxed out. I then went into the Control Panel and found Acer HD Audio Device tab and saw where the main volume was only at 60 so turning that up really helped with the volume.

However, while on this tab I saw where you could test the sound from each speaker. I tried it and noticed that (at max volume level with the R-L at 0) the sound coming from the left speaker was a lot louder and "crisper" than the sound coming from the right one. I then went and played a music file and it sounds like the sound comes mainly, if not entirely, from the left speaker; however, it's hard to tell by just putting your year to each speaker so it might just be my imagination.

One more thing I noticed on the Acer HD Audio tab: it has a small picture of a speaker system- when you play the left speaker, it highlights the picture of the left speaker and when you try the right, it highlights the picture of the right speaker. I mention this because the left speaker's picture has like 3 little boxes beside it, while the right one doesn't. Is this the subwoofer? If it does represent the subwoofer, would having a sub on the left speaker make it louder and clearer than the right?

It's just my first laptop so I'm not sure if this is normal, for 1 speaker to be louder than the other. I've only had this a week and a half so if there is something wrong with the right speaker then I need to return it and get it looked at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Justin

I would take it back to the store and have it checked.

The speakers should have the same volume assuming the balance is set correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom