Acer inspire nothing works!!!!!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Acer inspire nothing works!!!!!!!

I have an acer aspire 3100-1405, i was on a trip and my brother had it, now nothing seems to work.

When booting the pc it will only show a black screen, after manually pressing the power button it tuns off, i press it again and it starts windows(which says its a not genuine version and have to wait about 10 secs and cant enter my account cause i cant press the okay button).

Once there nothing works, no keyboard, no touch pad. Tried with usb mouse and keyboard and same prob, i also noticed power adapter not charging the laptop.

Tried the fn+f7 and it didnt work, tried enter cmos but keyboard not responding, tried taking out battery but laptop wont boot with the power adaptor.

No beeps at any point not even if i press 7 keys at the same time.

Im really out of options, think it may be the motherboard.

Any comments will be appreciated

Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Acer inspire nothing works!!!!!!!

Seems like water damage, take the battery out and site it over a heater for a few hours (overnight or something) see how that works. If it gets to windows .. take the battery out run off mains and reinstall your windows. I have a similar problem with my laptop turned out to be the battery had went. it wouldnt load into windows. But just to be sure put it over the heater first. if everything fails .. ask your brother for a replacement

Old 02-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

tried it, in a way so to speak and it didnt work.

ive been reading acer pcs having this type of problems, looking atound ive found ppl with the same problem, this one just barely went off warranty since its 13 months old.....

oh well, looks like its time to buy a new one
Old 02-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n

If you type something like "acer aspire broken" into google you will obviously see a lot of people who have broken acers. Try running memtest86 the success/degree of failure will show two things.
1) If it is a memory problem (unlikely but worth knowing)
2) If it is an OS problem (more likely)

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Old 03-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Sounds like water damage.
Try smelling the keyboard, does it smell like coffee, beer or wine. Do the keys feel stickly. Lets just hope that is just softdrink.
Try removing the keyboard and look around for any evoporation marks or spill marks on the motherboard.

Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Closed Thread