acer graphics problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Hello there, i recently installed aoe3, and it said that my laptop doesnt meet the minimum specs. something about not having at least 64mb in graphics.

however i have a 128. (im confused) could someone please check the specs for this model. "acer aspire 5573zwxmi"
-thanks.

Hello,

Go into your BIOS and find out how much RAM is allocated to your integrated graphics.

Alternatively, (assuming your model has Vista installed) go to your 'Display Settings' and then click on the 'Advanced Settings...' button to check out your graphics memory usage under on the 'Adapter' tab.

Post back.

Just a thought, if you do have Vista installed, Age Of Empires III is intended for Windows XP and not designed to work in Vista (however the subsequent expansion pack 'Age Of Empires III: The War Chiefs' is designed with Vista support), though it may work with compatibility mode enabled, or even without. First identify how much memory is available to the graphics.

arhhg!! lol its a 64mb.

--adapter type--
Mobile intel(R) 945GM express chip set family.

--adapter info--
chip type: intel(R) GMA 950
Dac type: Internal
Adapter string: Mobile intel(R) 945GM express chip set family.
BIOS info: intel video bios.

Total available graphics memory : 64MB
Dedicated video memory:0MB
System video memory:32MB
shared system memory:32MB

:EDIT:

is that enough? and is there anyway to upgrade. And would it be an issue if your planning on doing 3d modeling.

Hello,

You can change the amount of RAM available to graphics in your system BIOS settings. Press the appropriate key on the keyboard when you turn on your system to access it.

However, ensure that you have enough RAM in your laptop to allocate a large portion to graphics.

ohhk, but would this be the same as having a 128 card if i allocated another 64mb from my ram? or would it be somewhat different?

Shared memory is always slower than dedicated.
It's also possible that whatever card you have in your acer lappy just isn't powerful enough to run the game in the first place and this is just the error message that results. AoE III has pretty nice graphics, it's possible than Intel GMA 950 just isn't powerful enough to support them. The developer should have a video compatibility list on their website or the game's readme file.

ohhk, but would this be the same as having a 128 card if i allocated another 64mb from my ram? or would it be somewhat different?

Well if you were to set your graphics memory to 128MB max, then yes, it would be the same as any other 128MB graphics card, but only in terms of memory capacity, not graphics performance (as graphics memory is not an indicator of graphics performance).

The Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics on your Acer Aspire 5573ZWXMi laptop is a low-end, budget GPU, not good enough for graphics intensive games. However, for Age of Empires III, your laptop does meet the required specifications.

hello, thanks for all your help. yeah im definitely better off having a desktop rather than "this " these days :).

by the way, what would be a good laptop for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom