Acer Aspire 5742g charging trouble

DZimmy

Baseband Member
Dear all,
I would like to ask you for a little help.
I am having trouble with charging notebook Acer Aspire 5742g. It runs fine, but the charging doesn't work. One time I turned it on the power button started flashing and I noticed it is not charging. I removed the battery and tried to start it only with adapter plugged in. Nothing happened.
Even trough, I was able to measure 19,5V on the adapter.
Do you have any ideas?

Btw. all this trouble started when Coke exploded in my gf's hands, dropping some of it on the notebook, but not much of a big deal, since we turned it off and cleaned it. But when I was later unplugging the adapter from electricity network I accidentally unplugged the power cord from transformer and weird shock sound appeared (notebook was unplugged at that time).

Sorry for chaotic and long post.
Thank you very much for help in advance.
Best Regards,
DZimmy

You may have fried the wire somehow not able to charge the laptop but enough intact that you still get voltage. I say get a new adapter, they make plenty of affordable universal adapters. If that doesn't work then get a new battery. If you still get no results then get a new laptop. It's not worth bothering with at that point. You can turn around and sell the battery on eBay or amazon. Someone will find a use for it.

Back
Top Bottom